This list isn’t complete but it is a start. I’d love to add brand names of things that work well.
Beef (Boneless) high fat – 4 ounce portion
(2 times per week, never 2 days in a row)
- Ground sirloin
- Ground turkey
Veal, medium fat – 5 ounce portion
Poultry (bonelss skinless) low fat – 6 ounce portion
- Skinless chicken breast
- Ground, lean turkey (5 oz)
Fish -6 ounce portion
(unlimited, unless noted)
- Mahi mahi
- Orang roughy
- Tuna (in water) crab, scallops, salmon (all no more than 3 times per week)
Protein (dairy, eggs, and tofu)
- Cottage cheese, no fat or 1% – 5 ounce portion
- 2 large eggs
- egg beaters, ½ cup
- plain greek yogurt, fat free, 6 oz.
- 40 calorie whole grain bread, 1 slice
- melba toast, 2 slices and a few other crackers: kavli, wasa ryvita
- can have 3 of the following per week: baked potato (1/2 small), brown rice (1/4 cooked), sweet potato (1/2 small)
Vegetables: consider most free
- Note that corn, onions (other than green onions) and carrots are not on the list.
- Most are on it (not bananas) but don’t overeat. Portions are kind of small.
- Smart Balance Light margarine (1 TBSP)
- Lite mayo (1 TBSP)
- Olive oil (1 tsp)